Ask your wife to look at this tutorial from BCUK. this is exactly how I did it. The only difference is that where he uses sawdust I used dry grass that I ground up quite finely. Obviously I did not have access to or wish to use saw dust since I was doing the entire project with only a knife and a firemaking tool. I actually never used the knife even. The only "tool" I used for the entire process was a single solitary match and a match striker. Believe me, with all the dry grass I had on hand on match is all it took.

BCUK Tutorial: http://72.36.134.230/community/showthrea...ghlight=pottery

I would add (and I think I already mentioned this in a previous thread) clay selection is only important if you intend to have your pots last for long term usage. If you only need to boil a gallon or so then good ole mud (though the less sandy/gritty the better) should work fine though after a few uses it's probably going to chip, flake and/or crack on you.

I'm still waiting to get pics developed. I dont usually take my digital camera in to the woods so I have to develop the cheap disposable camera that I used.