My everyday footwear is usually a pair of black Redwing boots. I find them comfortable enough for lots of walking and they protect my feet when I ride my motorcycle. They are more water resistant than most would believe. Redwing also makes more sizes and widths than most.
My EDC is all pocket stuff so I will not have to open my PSK unless I need something out of the ordinary. My pockets usually have a SAK Vic Soldier with Aluminum scales, which are very durable it also has blades much thicker than my other SAKs, Cold Steel 4” Voyager that I find to be lots of knife for the money, Slim brass Zippo lighter, Princeton Tec Impact II LED 4 cell AAA flashlight that is waterproof to deeper than I can hold my breath and has extended burn time, Cell phone without GPS, Diamond Sharpening card (fine grit), Bandana, Band-Aids, ID, Debit cards, Useful numbers and calling card number. When I carry keys each ring has a Photon LED light and a modified Fox 40 I also have a Leatherman Micro on one ring. One of Ragnar’s Mora knives usually rides on a leather thong around my neck. I also wear an automatic watch because I got tired of my watches dieing after the batteries went dead on them or messing with getting the batteries changed in them.
Some of this is not very high tech compared to what some on this list carry but all of it is good sturdy stuff that does what I need it to do day in and day out.
Some will point out that I don’t have spare batteries for my light or that a Zippo needed to be refilled regularly. I readily acknowledge both “shortcomings” knowing that my light is used several times a week I keep fresh batteries in it and will change them at about half-life so I never have to worry about batteries. The Zippo gets filled each week before I put it into the pocket of my dress cloths to go to church so it will always fire up for me when needed.
This low-tech system lets me come and go almost anywhere with out looking like Rambo or an escapee from the Mad Max set. Added to my PSK it gives me enough capability to deal with those times Murphy tries to sneak up on me.