Question for Doug or others: <br><br>Doug posted how difficult it is to repack the iodine Potable Aqua tablets in various materials because it was corrosive to most of them. The post above indicates that iodine and nitro-glycerine have similar properties and that the nitro containers may be good for iodine. I wonder if that is true for the metal nitro vials that heart patients sometimes carry on keychains. <br><br>These might be an alternative to the small glass vials for repacking iodine. They would be less likely to crack or shatter, allow no light to enter, and have a lanyard loop. Many of them are too small, but I purchased one recently that is larger, rated to hold 20 nitro tablets, and is apparently made of machined aluminum with a black gasket (rubber?). It is unbelievably lightweight and has similar dimentions to the 1/2 dram glass vials. The threads for the cap could easily be sealed with teflon tape in case the rubber gasket would be affected by the iodine. That would leave only aluminum and teflon exposed to the iodine. <br><br>I wonder if iodine is corrosive to aluminum. I plan on testing the vial, but wanted to learn of any obvious problems that are already known. Doug, did your experimentation show problems with aluminum and/or rubber?<br><br>Thanks!