I have seen a lot of posts in these forums over the past year or so where people state that they simply don't feel that certain items are needed in their edc/psk because they spend all their time in urban areas. The two main pieces of what I consider primary equipment that I see being omitted the most (though there are others as well) are fire starting equipment and water purification equipment. This completely baffels me. I also see lots of what I consider secondary equipment (like fishing gear) being omitted as well but that doesnt concern me nearly as much. Anyway, I thought I might start a thread on this subject to see what various forum members omit from their edc/psk in urban areas that they would carry if in rural areas (woods/desert/ocean/etc) and why they feel it is okay to do so. I'll be the first to admit that in general I carry a lot less equipment than many people here, however, I can't see much difference between urban and rural equipment needs. That is unless you fall in to the "it won't happen to me" mindset and are only preparing for what you feel are the "most likely" urban scenarios and you therefore feel that there will always be warmth and clean drinking water (or whatever else) in urban areas so no need to carry that type of equipment. So do you change your gear? Do you leave certain things out because youre in urban areas? That are some thoughts and opinions on this?