Hello, all, I am a frequent reader of these boards and this site, but I thought I would just register to add to this thread as a Montrealer and as one with some expertise in law, specifically regarding weapons.

I'm unaware of any Quebec Civil Code regulations surrounding weapons and after some research in a number of places I still can't track anything down. But in any case, I wouldn't worry as the QCC only covers civil law; that is, you do not really have to worry about the police arresting you and sending you to prison for violating the civil code.

You do have to worry about violating the Criminal Code of Canada, which does not vary from province to province. However, based on the Criminal Code, you may carry a knife as long is you aren't intending to hurt anyone with it, and it is not designed expressly for hurting people.

I carry a fixed blade on my belt and a folder in my pocket, and a multitool too, for that matter, and it is perfectly legal. It is illegal to carry a CONCEALED weapon, but then the definition of "weapon" in Canada is any thing that is designed or intended to hurt or injure and individual, plus a few obscure martial arts weapons. So a knife is absolutely fine. There's plenty of case law which establishes a knife as "not designed to injure/kill" in and of itself.

I take the subway regularly with my fixed blade, and although I've occasionally had to explain to the security people that it is legal and they may not see, touch, or have it, no one has ever tried to take it away beyond an initial request.

I don't carry a flashlight, though, but after reading this thread I believe I will!