Chris:

I remember the statement of former Hollywood gun instructor to the movie industry. He said male actors who had never used firearms tend to flinch and close their eyes as the firearm goes off, female actresses with the same lack of experience didn't. Women are colder when deciding to do something even if they feel more emotional later on.

If an individual of either sex defames you, they will do it to you or someone else again, it is like the old saw of cold blooded killing being easier the second and subsequent times it is done.

If you take the "high road", you demonstrate to individuals that they can control and even expect gifts from people they intimidate without cause. If you also apologise, they will believe what they did is right. and continue do it.

I remember an old Van Heflin movie whose title I cannot remember concerning the Yugoslavs fight against the Nazi's. A man and woman from their group had been selected for perimeter guard duty and in the boredom had retreated deeper into the bushes to make love. A Nazi patrol went past their position without being noticed and by good fortune was spotted and eliminated before they could escape.

The man and woman were found guilty by the group and were judged to be executed. They were positioned on the road and as the leader of the group, Van Heflin ordered the firing squad to fire; all six shot the man. The woman was a childhood friend of Van Heflins, not a former lover. He shot her and berated his comrades for failing in their duty to protect the cause and not the individual.

If you get shot in the chest by a woman, it is not going to do any less damage to you than if you are shot by a man. The same applies if you are fired, hit, cheated, lied to, or defamed by a woman.

Bottom line, judge the act and not the actor. If the act was slanderous destroy her not only for your sake and future serenity, but also for the millions of us who could suffer the same fate from her or others like her.

I like women wheather they are mine or not, but I will not let anyone intentionally hurt me in any way.

Bountyhunter