Chris is right, not all "k-bars" are equal. But "k-bars" are NOT Ka-Bar MkII C/UK. (Actually, it was origionally going to be a Fighting/Utilty Knife, and while it is a good description of your status if you take one in the belly, it doen't s look good. smile )<br><br>I swear by the Ka-Bar made MkIIs. I've carried a full sized, stacked-leather handeld one as part of my woods kit for years. It's been used for everything you can use a knife for except surgery, and lot of things it never should have been used for (wire cutter, can opener, hacking, etc). And every time, the edge comes back and lasts for a long time. <br><br>I've never had an issue with rust, and for a long time it was EDC in a shoulder harness, so if rust was likely, it would have shown up. <br><br>I actually like the leather handle better than the Next Generation ones- i've had my hands coated in various liquids, gels, slimes and "ick"s, in subzero wind chills and air temps, and never frozen my hand to it. It also feels more "alive"- I own MkIIs with synthetic handles from Onatrio (thier Spec PLus and thier USMC 2020 models), and they aren't as responsive. It may be from the desity effecting the ballence, or it might just be that I'm a little nuts. :)<br><br>But I would recommend it, instantly. It is without a doubt, the best knife I own. If wasn't already lined up for an urn, I'd be buried with my Ka-bar. smile