Bill,<br><br>Sure - I'll convert it to PDF and send it to you. Might take a day; kinda busy right now.<br><br>As for how long it takes to make them - the bottleneck is tool-based. Some of the steps are best performed in a certain sequence; others can mix it up a little. Two examples: (1) Drilling the central fill hole must be done before the halves are joined, but it can be done either to a whole can before cutting it down (my choice) or after cutting it down (but before splitting the sides). (2) One must cut the dome off the bottom of the third can before cementing it to the cut-down tuna can.<br><br>So figure out the sequence you're going to have them follow and figure out how many groups your tool supply can accomodate. There is no point in having two groups that rely on one or more shared tools; the shared tool bottlenecks both groups. The bottleneck for us was the pin vise and planishing hammer for making the jet holes (and that takes some time) Also, regular hole punches will not hold up to making several of these. Either pick up a couple of cheap spares or get an inexpensive die-type hand punch from Harbor Freight or someone similar (they reach better anyway and have about 7-9 die-punch combos for various size holes - handy gadgets).<br><br>Bring a toaster oven to kick the J-B Weld - about 5 to 10 minutes at 160-180 deg-F (Experiment at home so you know your settings first).<br><br>Pre-cut the aluminum flashing and the hardware cloth. Make SURE you have the tuna cans and/or similar sized cans (#2 1/2 cans & some brands of coffee cans) before the evening you begin the project.<br><br>Sanding the paint off works best wet - use a pan of water or a sink. You'll go thru too much sandpaper (loads up) otherwise.<br><br>Expect some mistakes and have spare materials on hand. Too many boys these days have never done anything with their hands... this is new stuff for many.<br><br>If you really get it organized, figure 2 full meetings (with a third "make-up" in your pocket for absent boys and those who must "start over"). Cut all the parts one meeting and epoxy / make pot holders and windscreens the next. That worked OK for us.<br><br>My boys have used them backpacking and are very pleased with them. Rumor has it that some catastrophe will strike us deep in the woods while on an after dark hike this coming weekend... shhhh! (Weinberg-King State Park, and no, the Scouts don't have a clue other than knowing me...) I would not shy away from it myself, but I have my habits and I have stoves, so... I personally still use my stoves. Normally my old clunker Peak I around here. However, that will probably NOT be in my daypack for a midnight stroll around here with the Scouts.<br><br>As for your pot-painting - heck, I'd only supress it down from the rim as far as you feel it needs to be to avoid "contamination" of the lip of the pot. Never tried that myself - my stuff is just "naturally" blackened. Let us know how it works out, please!<br>