I very rarley go so minimal, but if I were to go that way I would carry a 32oz nalgene wide mouth bottle with the top held on by a strap that comes with the bottle, and a stainless steel cup that hold something like 16oz. The cup fits the bottle pretty tight as is. It for sure can't rattle. This would limit your cooking to the cup though. I think these 2 items would need something for the cup to stay in place...a string/thong from water bottle strap to cup handles which fold.<br><br>I like these bottles because i can use the top and strap as a handle to get water and stay dry. I don't know the best way to attach this to a belt, or webbing. I can think of several ways, but not knowing you useage I can't say what would be the best for you.<br><br>I use a few different packs and like things inside of them with as little as possible hanging on the outside. However one of my smaller framlesss packs has webbing, and I tend to place the water bottle on a benner over my right shoulder.<br><br>I don't care for the hydropacks, as I can't see carring a pack for just water holders with a straw gizzmo. But hey those things are well accepted!<br><br>When I go out in 1758 gear I don't carry water, but find water, and use a "Corn Boiler" made of copper. It holds about 24 oz. I use it for drinking and cooking. If I know water will be hard to get I bring a wooden keg that holds about 2 1/2 gallons, but then I travel by canoe and never take the keg far from the canoe..... Also places I go tend to have pretty good water, and I boil it...