Hello, All --<br>I believe I've read most of the threads on this forum, and thank everyone for sharing their ideas and techniques.<br><br>The great water balloon/condom/roaster bag thread was a terrific one for PSK purposes.<br><br>HOWEVER -- for general outdoor use, when you KNOW you're gonna be out in the woods for a day, a week, whatever -- you'd take a canteen along, and something to boil water in, or cook simple meals.<br><br>Has anyone found anything better than the standard US Military/NATO canteen that nests with cup and stove all in a convenient fleece package?<br><br>All the cool daypacks and fanny packs these days have a single or double pocket for water bottles; but I don't know anyone who makes a (preferably) stainless nesting cooking pot with collapsible handles to fit standard water bottles of any size.<br><br>Ron Hood's (excellent) site at survival.com uses a 1# coffee can with a lexan bottle inside, but you'd have to carry a pack, and couldn't attach it to a fanny pack or belt.<br><br>It'd be nice to be able to use the commercial fanny/day packs for minimalist camping or day-hike survival use if you had a convenient nesting cook pot that fit the canteen. <br><br> The alternative is to base your carry on a GI web belt to carry your ALICE- clipped canteen, clipped on pouches, etc. But then you still need some kind of daypack or alternate gear carrier for other essentials that won't fit on the web belt.<br><br>I'm looking for an equally elegant space saving canteen/pot solution that works for water bottle-type packs and fanny packs.<br><br> Anybody got any suggestions?<br><br> Thanks -- Karl