I am a private pilot based in Wisconsin. I am part owner of a Cirrus Design SR22 4 seat airplane, the one with the whole airframe parachute. For most of our longer trips there will be 1 to two people in the plane. Rarely will there be 3. 4 people would be highly unlikely for weight reasons. This year we will be expanding our flight profile to include flights over the Rockies to destinations in Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. In addition we would like to reduce flight times for other trips by flying over the Great Lakes (Michigan and Superior in particular) instead of around them. These changes provide some obvious survival challenges. I have done a lot of reading on equipped.org and have come down to the following list (not all inclusive) of equipment:

+ Winslow Super Light Island Flyer Plus (including insulated floor and other options)
+ Switlik HV-35C Helicopter Crew Life Vests (for pilot and front seat passenger)
+ Switlik HV-35P Helicopter Passenger Life Vests (for back seat passengers if any)
+ ACR Aerofix 406 GPS I/O PLB
+ Wiggy Ultima Thule FTRSS Sleeping Bags (2) (will zip them together if more than 2 people)
+ Bibler Bombshelter Tent

I also want to get immersion/exposure suits. I know Equipped.org prefers Multifabs suits. What particular model would be best for our situation? Does anyone have a ball park cost per suit?

I would also welcome comments on the above list and suggestions for changes or other items...

--Galvin