Hello all,<br><br>I took advantage of the recent break in winter (temperatures got into the mid-70's) to do a bit of cleaning. Among the things cleaned was my car. I do keep some stuff in the car, just in case. Not as much as I would like to...small car, small trunk space. I noticed that even though I now live in Kentucky, the car kit still reflects the years I lived in Utah. <br><br>The trunk contains:<br><br>Tool kit--nothing fancy, just the basics and lots of duct tape.<br>Two cans of Fix-O-Flat.<br>Flashlights (2)-- with one set extra batteries for both<br>First aid kit--fairly comprehensive as my wife is a nurse and I've had some supplemental training myself.<br>Blankets (4)--these are Army issue scratchy wool blankets. <br>One case of bottled water (2 gal. total.)<br>One box of emergency candles.<br>Two boxes of matches.<br>MRE's (6) --carefully selected to be the ones my family would eat.<br>Two tow straps and two ratcheting cargo straps (for use as improvised come-alongs.)<br>One box of reflective emergency triangles.<br>Spare cell phone.<br>One folding shovel.<br>Spare hoses with clamps and spare belts.<br>One pair of walking shoes with socks--try as I might, I cannot get my wife to wear sensible shoes. The thought of her having to walk miles in her clogs scares me.<br><br>Of course the trunk also contains a spare tire, jack and lug wrench.<br><br>This doesn't eat as much trunk space as one might think. Everything but the water, shoes, flashlights and first aid kit is crammed into the spare tire well.<br><br>So....my question is: What am I missing? What can I get rid of? What do you carry in your car?<br><br>Ade<br>