The St. Moritz Pathfinder Ti looks interesting. It seems to even have a GMT hand. Titanium is lighter, has a high melting point and is non corrosive thus good for saltwater activities. It looks like the perfect field watch.

But the Pathfinder model has no rotating bezel. I'm wondering to what extent it would be a desirable feature. The original function of it is to keep track of elapsed time underwater (for diving... I've never dived but I guess it has something to do with decompression, etc.) You rotate
it until the pointer at the top of the bezel is even with the minute hand, then as the minute hand moves you can read how many minutes have elapsed on the bezel... But I think it could have other practical uses:

- for timing your cooking;
- to keep track of the last time you took your medication;
- some math. calculations;
- for parking meters...

Could you come up with other uses?

There's the St. Moritz Transformer ti but it's a solar cell. I'm wondering if those automatic, kinetic "auto relay" or solar cell are really worth it. You don't have to change the cell but on the other hand the capacitor may break after a couple of years which would be more expensive to change than a simple battery.

Then there's the St. Moritz Format 2, etc.

Thanks
Frankie