I guess I am a watchaholic! I have loads of them all over the place! Daily I wear an Omega Seamaster auto with a black dial. It is very accurate and looks nice. Most important to me is it feels good on my wrist. I do not take it on outdoors trips though, cost too much for me, anyway.
If I am going on a field trip I have a Luminox "Navy SEAL" with a custom dial that does not say Navy SEAL on it! It was worth the $25 or so I paid for the dial! I like the watch for camping because it was relatively inexpensive, it is accurate and it glows better than any other watch I have seen with the tritium. You can get lots of good inexpensive watches like Timex, Casio, etc. Just ask yourself what you want it to do, tell time and be expendable is mostly my criteria for a field watch. I like my Seiko divers also, some glow well and some don't glow much at all, depends on the model. The common auto diver is the SKX-007K which sells for a little over a hunderd bucks and glows well enough to read the time all night. Guess it all depends on taste, budget and so on.
Hope you find something that you are happy with. Cheers.