Recently clip on my Microtech sort of unshaped itself and I was stuck with an option of possibly loosing my knife before I had a chance to fix it. Looking for a wrench in my car bag I came upon SAK Hercules. I bought it about a year ago as a back up knife for my car and never really used it. I don't like SAKs in general because of their lack of lockback function. Reason I had the Hercules is because it had that feature and it felt all right in my hand. Since I couldn't find my wrench (5 point star with some weird size) I left the Microtech at home and starter carrying the Hercules. Of course as far as the blade strength SAK is not really near the same class as the Microtech but it will do the basic cutting jobs I encounter during the day. Lockback feature works well and when restocking our supply room at the hospital nobody made a comment about the SAK when I usually get few of them when I pull the Microtech. Also Hercules attachments make you day easier. Lately I became fond of Belgian “fruity” beers and that corkscrew on the Hercules saved the day few times. Little pliers work well for small job and in combination with Wave that’s all I need. I know we all prefer strong massive blades of Spydies, Sebenzas, Benchmades, etc, etc but that SAK seems like a perfect compromise if you want a tool that does just more than cutting. Even if it is not your first priority/grab knife I would consider it as a backup or part of my BOB or Car Kit.