As I have mentioned in the past, I am looking to sell off the contents of my parents house when my mother passes away.

While digging and sorting through things that may have value, I came upon my old "Kane MK-6B Dead Reckoning Computer" (The full size aluminum one.) and my "Kane II-R Plotter" with instruction manual. The "Kane MK-6B" computer has a "nuagahide" sleeve, and the instruction and practice manual has a "Copyright 1958" and a "$2.50" price tag on the front cover. The "Kane II-R Plotter" has a "Copyright 1962" on its paper sleeve with instructions printed on the sleeve.

I also found a "Sterling Precision" plastic 10" slide rule with 9 scales on it, a plastic storage sleeve and the instructions for its use. Our private pilot license instructor was big on slide rules back in the 1970's before inexpensive electronic calculators were available.

Everything is in excellent (Some of the practice problems are filled out in pencil.) condition.

I was in the middle of a private pilots ground school license course back sometime in the 1970's when I got into an automobile accident that sidelined me for a while. After I retook the class, I failed my first ground school examination and never tried again.

I know you can buy brand new "Dead Reckoning Computers" for about $25.00, but the "Kane Aero" company seems to have gone out of business. Found one on Ebay that they were asking a pretty hefty penny for and was wondering if the "Kane Aero" line has many collectors around.

If anyone knows, please post me any details or links you have on this thread.

Thanks!

Bountyhunter