Hi Susan. Nice to see other people's fondness for such a useful piece of survival gear. Thought I was a rare breed to think that the slingshot was a viable weapon. The one I would recommend is the Tru-Mark FS-1. I have been using one now for 17 years and my Dad has been using his Tru-Mark for at least 25+ years. They are well made, light, cost effective and don't have a little plastic insert on the tubing to worry about. A little swipe of an alcohol pad (or lick of the tongue on the arms) and the bands are replaced. Have used it for squirrel, doves, snakes, rabbits, pretty much any small game. Even used it to kill a rabid skunk. Also the FS-1 has a hollow handle great for either storing ammo or holding a small knife blade for skinning and fire starting kit like mine. As with any weapon practice is key and since I am sure your siblings wouldn't mind helping you, a cardboard box full of loose wadded paper balls makes a great shot trap. Put it on the floor to practice shooting downward, that's where most of your shots will be. Have one in my apartment, not only is it nice to practice inside, but great way to relieve stress. Sorry this is lengthy, just wanted to be thorough.