I have also assembled a simple PSK type fanny-pack for my kids (5 and 7, girls). I would be interested in knowing what contents you include and why.<br><br>Working from memory right now; I include:<br>Mini Mag light with head-band<br>space blanket<br>plastic poncho<br>GORP<br>tissue<br>ColeMan camp knife with detachable spoon and fork (this is an eating utinsile not a true sharp but the blade is serviceable enough for them)<br>Coleman Survival whistle without matches. This contains compass, whistle, flint rod and stash for matches or other items. Currently they carry this empty<br>Bandanna<br>Minimal first aid kit<br><br>I am certain that there are some other items but I can't remember them right now. There is a bunch of room left over in the fanny packs just looking for justifiable additions<br><br>These fanny packs are designed for outings such as hikes. If there is anyone who has assembled a smallish pack for daily carry for children in primary school I would be interested in your list of contents and your experience and success in getting the kid to wear / carry the kit.