KYBF,

I didn't state my opinion as an attack or to offend. Just my opinion. Closed minded? Sometimes. Stubborn and analytical? Always. I was merely trying to fit your concern into the big picture of preparedness.

I think it is all too common in this group for folks to confuse "possible" and "probable". We easily get caught up in the 1% when it is the 99% that will bite you in the arse.

I have no doubt there are some clever souls that could do extensive sluething on the web and figure me out. They would also discover I am well prepared to "sort things out" if they decide to relieve me of my PSK or my BOB. I'm not too worried. I have bigger fish to fry.

I think the odds of anyone reading this newsgroup being a problem for my safety and property is virtually nil. It is an inefficient system for burglary opportunity. It is just plain not worth the hassle.

It is the same for anyone trying to cut Rob's keys from a web pic, then trace him down, and act on it. It is too much work. There are much simpler and efficient methods of burglary.

The folks that are going to be the problem are the local goblins. I agree with you that one must be careful with their keys (among other things) on a local level (car repairs, service people, etc). Your concern here is quite valid and should be heeded.

RayW gave some great examples of folks serving up their personal information on a silver platter to local people that may be in a position to act on it. This is where the concern should be placed.

Cheers, TR