My EDC: (I almost always wear cargo pants, and if I don't I carry a fanny pack or some other pack for gear)

Leatherman Wave plus Tool Adapter

Leatherman MIcra - more PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. friendly than the Wave

Cell phone w/ extra battery and important phone numbers on a piece of paper in my wallet

Yaesu VX-7R quad-band transceiver with broadband receive: AM/FM broadcast, TV audio, SW band, public safety bands, air band, NOAA weather radio, with local police/fire/EMS and NOAA frequencies and local amateur repeaters programmed in). Plus I carry at least one relatively high-gain antenna; on my belt I use a 1.75" stubby antenna so it doesn't poke me in the side.

Two wallets - one with important cash, credit/ATM cards, ID, and so on, and another to hand over to a mugger if necessary. (I'd prefer to fight, and in reality I probably would, but this is an alternative of lesser force). The other wallet contains some expired credit cards, old club membership cards, and about 6' of duct tape folded over a piece of paper.

Notable wallet stuff: A copy of the Bill of Rights stamped on an aluminum card: http://www.securityedition.com One of my favorite pieces of EDC gear! Credit-card size transit information cards and subway map. Emergency contact card. Amateur radio license. Spare (old) Metrocard, in addition to the primary one (carried in a separate pocket), for the bus and subway.

A small change wallet with a couple silver dollars, about $5 in quarters, and about $50 in folded cash for emergencies.

On keychain: bottle opener, JetScream whistle, nail clipper with file.

Cigarette Lighter

Pelican M6 flashlight

Spare pair of glasses / sunglasses

micro AM/FM radio with earbuds (Sangean SR-2Y)

2-AA Minimag with Opalec LED conversion kit

about 25' of Paracord

A few pens, a red sharpie and a red laser pointer.

A small first aid kit, distributed in two Altoids tins and a small plastic bag, containing: A few assorted band-aids, and two 4"x4" gauze pads. A few antiseptic towelettes. Insect sting relief pads. A piece of Dr. Scholl's pad. Cuticle scissor. Tweezer. Assorted Exacto blades and small handle. P-38 can opener. A folded up plastic shopping bag. A few assorted small fishing hooks and a few feet of fishing line. A few feet of dental floss. A few short (4") Ty-Wraps. An eyeglass screwdriver. A small cocktail straw. Mini tube of Krazy Glue. Mini bubble level. Tick remover. Short length of solder. Small book of paper matches, wrapped in plastic. About 6 feet of copper magnet wire - can be used in a pinch as snare wire or for binding. Small tube of Bacitracin. Pills: 50 water purification tabs (Potable Aqua), assorted aspirin/ibuprofen, Immodium A/D, Bendryl, Vivarin, DayQuil, few pills of Rx antibiiotics. Small sewing kit containing a few needles and lengths of assorted thread.

In months other than the peak of summer, I also wear a vest/jacket, which also contains:

Storm Whistle

Small torch lighter (useful for soldering)

FIrst Aid Tape

Additional gauze pads and band-aids

Another 25' length of paracord

small loupe for magnifying

Spare battery and earphone mic for VX-7R and hands-free headset for cell phone

Altoids tin containing extra batteries: AAA, AA, CR123.

small VX-7R instruction manual and printed list of area repeaters

A few folded shopping bags, and one lightweight black garbage bag

in the rear "game" pocket: a 5'x7' space blanket, a folded heavyweight black garbage bag, orange reflective vest.

Area and regional maps and printed transit schedules

Long (8") Ty-Wraps

Additional VX-7R high-gain antenna

That's my usual EDC.

Edited by physics137 (06/10/05 08:21 AM)