I thought I was happy with the last configuration of the tin, but alas...

I got my hands on some nifty new items (micropur tablets, spark light, etc) so it means yet another revision. The entire time, I was trying to figure out how to configure the kit to suit my environment.

I don't live in a desert or arctic climate. If I did, I may include things like sunscreen and hand warmers (respectively). Here, however, in it's urban and heavily wooded primarily. Hot and humid in the summer, freezing in the winter. So what specialty items should I have in this area? I decided that I would ditch the less reliable saws, and center the kit around a more robust saw, as working in a wooded area is a situation that is most likely to present itself. Now, I still have an expansion kit that includes items that won't fit into the tin, like shelter (space blankets, etc), however if for some reason I don't have that on me, and all I have is the tin, I can use this more ruggid saw to construct a simple shelter.

I started with a "pocket chainsaw"; stuffing it flat in the bottom of the tobacco tin and putting a thin piece of cardboard on top to protect it from abrading the rest of the tiems. From there, I began working up....

From the top left going clockwise
-write in the rain paper
-Ink pen (waterproof)
-splinter remover
-disposible sunglasses
-Compressed Sponge
-Leatherman Micra
-Gerber Ridge Knife
-4 gerber milk bags
-tin bottom with saw
-10 Micropur tablets
-10 aquatabs (they fit along side and took up no room, so I figured why not)
-whistle
-signal mirror
-triple antibiotic
-band aids
-butterfly sutures
-scalpel blade (sterile)
-alcohol wipes
-P38
-USAF survival compass
-safety pins
-little LED light
-straight edges
-relight candle
-duct tape
-sewing needles
-curved sewing needles
-small sewing kit
-tinder quik
-sparklight
-micro lenser LED
-mini bic
-matchbox with a mix of NATO wind/waterproof matches, hurricane matches, and wicks of relight candles
-eagle snelled hooks with leaders
-fishing line (not shown)
-small fly
-tin lid
-mini altoids tin
-fresnel lens
-cardboard "floor" (goes between saw and rest of kit)
-ranger band

I also revised my expanion pack but I'll post pics later.

*edit* Just added a WSI Military Match. Not shown in picture