Thanks Paramedicpete,

I should have been suspicious when there was no hits to my search of “Steripen.”

I see that the street price has fallen since this device had been introduced. Hopefully, time may further reduce it’s price. I did not purchase their associated filter since they were short on details and it did not look like much of a filter. I may obtain one just to review and post what I find on the forum, although I am not qualified or equipped to thoroughly test the filter. I will just check for water clarity.

When reading the literature, I noted that they were very clear that purification only takes place within the volume of water and not droplets outside the volume of water. Their recommendation of utilizing the conical portion of the pen as a cork and inverting and agitating the water was an excellent idea. If a sufficient volume of water was placed in a 16 or 32 ounce bottle with an opening with the correct size to fit the Steripen’s cone, there would be no stray droplets of water. The only area of concern would be the very rim on the bottle where the Sterippen’s cone contacted the bottle neck. Looks like a straw or hose would be an ideal solution to extract the water.

I noticed in your high contaminated testing that you treated the water twice to obtain pure water. Did the water seam cloudy on the first test? Do you recommend the double doses procedure as a normal practice or only when high contamination is suspected?

Thanks again and in advance!