Great to see another getting prepared! looks like you have a great start going there!<br><br>check here first<br><br>http://www.equipped.org/survlkit.htm<br><br>Let us know what size kit you are working on, what you are preparing for, is this kit for daily carry, personal, auto .... <br><br>Detailed questions produce detailed answers.<br><br>My daily carry kit - in an altoids tin:<br><br>sewing kit<br> HD awl<br> medium sewing needle<br> HD sewing needle<br> 20 yards (or more) nylon upholstery thread<br> 5 small safety pins<br> 1 large safety pin<br>Fishing kit<br> 20 yards fishing line<br> 5 small hooks<br> 1 large hook for gaff<br> 5 swivels<br> 5 split shot<br>Hunting kit<br> 1 small thompson snare<br> 10 yds brass snare wire<br> 1 spring return cable keychain ( used to spring traps and snares)<br>various tools<br> button compass<br> wire saw<br> 2 xacto blades<br> 1 straght razor<br> 1 spark lite and 5 tinders<br> 5 matches with striker ( these are paper book matches dipped in wax and sealed into polyethylene pouch)<br>containers<br> 1 13 gallon trash bag<br> 1 balloon<br>medical<br> 10 aspirin<br> 25 iodine tablets ( sealed into a 1/2 length section of a bic stick pen which seems to be impervious to the reactivity of the iodine and doesn't leak fumes to discolor the rest of the contents of the kit.)<br>Cordage<br> 10 yards of nylon twine<br> 10 yards of 550 paracord<br>Tape<br> 10 feet of medical adhesive tape<br> 10 feet of duct tape<br>Misceleaneous<br> 1 tube wood type krazy glue<br> several "ranger" bands. ( sections of innertube from a bicycle innertube. These are secured around the kit.<br>1Altoids Tin<br>4 square feet HD foil<br><br>This is a daily carry item and is always in my front left pocket. I also carry an altoids tin in my front right pocket with first aid supplies as follows<br><br>Bandages<br> 5 medium "band aids"<br> 5 butterfly "band aids"<br> medicines<br> small tube triple antibiotic gel<br> tools<br> folding scissors<br> xacto blades<br> tweezers<br>Miscellaneous<br> more Ranger Bands<br><br>This first aid kit is new to me and I am still working on it. I expect that I will augment the medicine section and replace the folding scissors with a small SAK with the handle modified to make it thinner. (removing the plastic side pieces and sacrificing the toothpick and holder for the tweezers)<br><br>I would be interested in hearing more about what might fit into an altoids sized first aid kit. being in the US where the FDA makes it difficult to acquire medicines I would be interested in suggestions about what could be added for best effect to that category and how to package them.