I agree strongly with Chris. We americans have a poor understanding of what it is like to live in places where there is military activity. Be very wary of projecting a "pro" anything persona. People will not be open about their political position except in very unusual circumstances. If they say the wrong thing they can get killed. Not immediatly, but later. It is a daunting threat. Keep your head down.

If you are in an area where you are truly dependent on carrying your water supply for the day, consider carrying a second container of water with at least a quart or so. Hydration systems are nice but they fail. And because it is on your back, you might not notice as the water will evaporate quickly as it wicks thru your gear. Then you have a bad suprise.

I no longer use hydration systems except in the safest of locations. I carry 3 water containers. One 2 liter and two 1 liter flasks. All are military surplus and can be handled roughly without failure. You can not carry military items so I suggest the Cycolac or other very tough plastic containers usually wide mouthed in variour colors. After you purchase one, fill it with water and throw it hard on the ground. Better to see it fail now then later when you fall on it. All of this sounds like overkill. However, after having a very bad day in the desert, I have become obsessive about water.