Cliff--

This is second hand advice from my in-laws, who've made multiple, missions-related trips to Honduras: don't wear much, if any jewelry. Wedding band is OK; more rings, or flashy necklaces will likely get you robbed.

My mother-in-law habitually wore a modest gold necklace, of about 1/2" width; others with her were similarly adorned. She & some other ladies were concerned by the behaviour of a shopkeeper, who kept contriving reasons to keep them in his shop. When their local friend returned, the shop keeper spoke to him, & he then explained to the group that the locals loitering outside the door had noticed the gold, & were waiting for them to leave, at which point they planned to "grab & run", with no regard for inflicting injuries.

They then either tucked the chains inside their clothing, or removed it to pockets or purses, either of which made it more difficult simply to snatch. Their jewelry was quite understated here at home, but literally shone like gold in Honduras.

BTW, unless they've built a new one, I hear the airport in Tegucigalpa (if that's where you're headed) is, um, interesting, to say the least. Something about a canyon at one end, & a mountain face at the other...

Best of luck on your trip.

David