Hey, here's a question for the group at large - I absolutely cannot navigate in the dark if someone in my group (or me) is using a light to illuminate the way. All I can do then is follow the path (if there is one), but absent a micro landmark that I recognize, walking at night with a light disorients me. Lights off, I easily keep track of where I am and which way I'm heading - horizon and environ matters to me.<br><br>Anyone else have that problem? If so, any tips? Sometimes I'm with folks that have virtually no night vision (like, my wife, who has learned to use every little bit she has, but...) and for THEIR sake, I sometimes must endure artificial illumination "on the trail".<br><br>The only thing I have found that helps is to keep one eye shut so I can use that eye to check my surroundings from time to time, but the lack of depth perception takes time and effort for me to adjust to. (I have this old, hard-to-eradicate reflex of closing one eye when a light comes on, which is how I hit upon the method). But I'd be very interested to hear of other effective techniques.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom

Edited by AyersTG (01/23/02 05:08 AM)