I Agree, my little E1e is a fantastic light. I need to carry a light for work, and I got sick of replacing worn out Mini MagLites so I got a E1e SG but it rolled around and CR123 batteries are expensive here in Australia.
I found some rechargable CR123 Lithium Ion Batteries, but they are 3.6 Volt designed for digital camera use and they blew the globe.
Then I bought a E1e HA with the KL1 which fixed the roll around problem, and the LED works with the rechargable batteries. This reduced the cost of batteries.
The light also fits in the belt holder for my Mini MagLite with room for a spare battery in the base or in my cargo pants I put it one of the Pen pockets with room for 2 spare batteries below it.
The spares are needed for the rechargables because they only last less then half the time, but I keep a stash of normal CR123's around. Tthe recharger works from a plug back in mains power or from the 12V cigarette lighter in the car and it is suprising how much it has saved on battery cost.
The light is fantastic because I can clip it on my shirt collar or to a baseball cap to give light where I'm working and it is slightly brighter than my 3 cell MagLite.
Its the best little light I've ever had, and I think the extra expense was well worth it. There aren't as many to choose from where I live.

Wayne
PS Im a newby and this is my first post.