My wife's purse is out of the question. The big one she normally carries gets downsized into a cute little one for dressy events.

Last year was my first time at the holiday party and I didn't want to stand out as unusual, so I pretty much abandoned all but critical gear. No shoulder bag. Not much room in suit. Not much room in dress coat.

Anyway, since this year will be my second year at the holiday event, I'm wearing my EDC neck lanyard under my dress shirt, provided my wife gives me the thumbs up on not looking like a nerd. I'm also taking my shoulder bag, although I'm reducing the amount of gear I usually carry. If anyone asks, I'll say it contains first aid and emergency gear. And it will.

A few well-chosen goodies will be at the very bottom, however, underneath the aspirin, motrin, migraine meds, bandages, tape, gauze, instant ice pack, Pepto-Bismol tablets, mobile phone, etc.

I plan to have my trusty Victorinox Midnite MiniChamp II on my person. I feel bloody naked without it. It has lots ot handy tools and is PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. friendly.

-- Craig