Funny you should ask...

Last month, I happened to get picked for the "treatment". At the time, I happened to have an Ultimate Survival Strike Force (note that this thing says "STRIKE FORCE" in big bold letters on it) in my briefcase. When the security officer fished it out and started asking questions, I nearly [censored] myself. I had actually forgotten the thing was in there.

Officer: "What's this?"
Me: "Oh, that's just some camping gear" (it was in a pouch with a Mini-Mag and a Brunton Eclipse compass, plus extra batteries)
Officer: "Does this open"
Me: Umm...yes.
Officer: (examining opened Strike Force) "Is this a flint?"
Me: Umm...yes.
Officer continues to examine Strike Force, opening up the cavity in the handle where the Wet Fire tinder is carried
Officer: "Oh, OK." (puts everything back in briefcase and sends me on my way)

Duh. Next time, it goes in the checked bag, along with all the sharps and anything else that might frighten PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.. Actually on this trip, I left all the sharps home because I was flying with my boss, who hates waiting for checked bags.

I should mention that I probably survived this experience without getting arrested or my gear confiscated because I was able to develop a rapport with the security guy over the topic of sailing, as he noticed the Wichard stainless steel rigging bits on my keychain ( a couple of snap shackles and a shackle opener/bottle opener)...before he found the Strike Force.

Anyway, I got through OK, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone else try this.