I know it's not exactly refreshing to spend that much time and research typing what you know, only to have me "go" with a MM. I'm not entirely certain about that yet. I'd still like to know what the Surefires are capable of, and until I hold one in my hand and shine it at something, I won't ever know. (The same goes for the MiniStar. I won't ever know what the MiniStar looks like unless I buy it.) I'm not saying that I will go with an incandescent; simply putting it, I want an L2 but no one seems to have any for under $165. If I can get a $22 discount on the L4 and a $35 on the A2 from the sites you mentioned, you'd think they'd at least HAVE the L2 ready for purchase.

As I mentioned before -- I haven't decided what I'm going to buy. I really like the idea of an A2. But it seems to take a step back, almost, in that the source of its brightness is still a bulb. It'll take a test drive for me to figure it all out. I'll try to be patient and let actual results help me, not whim. Whim is what got me to where I am now; testing will finalize my decision.