Go here http://www.aguilaammo.com/rimfire.htm and click on specifications link near the bottom of the page. 60gr, 950fps mv. Seems to run around $29/brick and it takes a faster than normal twist to stabilize it. I'm confident that 1-9" is more than fast enough twist rate.<br><br>FWIW, I think I would prefer a M24 in 22RF/20gauge. I used to own one in 22/410 and I have a very nice "deluxe" one in .223/20, albeit with too slow a .223 twist for my taste (older model). The 410 was not exciting on grouse. The .223/20 is extremely good with shotshells and if the twist rate was like the current version, I would probably be tempted to have a RemChoke installed. As-is, its the most accurate slug-shooter I own, in any gauge or action type. If I used it more, I would probably very carefully open up the modified choke a little bit, but it's pretty good as-is, with even patterns thrown to where it points.<br><br>But it's fairly heavy and longer than it needs to be. The old "Camper Model" in 22RF/20ga was ideal as far as I am concerned - wish I had one. Only "drawback" that I recall to the Camper Model was that it was chambered 2 3/4" only, but I may be wrong about that.<br><br>20ga is good enough for anything - not as good as 12, perhaps, but good enough for wilderness survival use. Toss in a few 3" shells if one is paranoid. And the ammo is lighter and less bulky just enough to maybe matter. One last thought about the M24 - it is not easy for the average do-it-yourselfer to properly rig it for a sling. Trivial for some, but not for most.<br><br>I just cannot get excited about the 30-30/12 combo, but guns are worse than knives for personal preference. For me, if I could only carry one long-gun, it would be a centerfire bolt-action. Having said that, when the family and I are in uncertain areas for purely recreational purposes, a proper handgun is de-rigour for the adults unless bears are possible, in which case Rem 870 12 gauges with short barrels and slings are carried by two of us. Are those survival guns? You bet! Which would I prefer for long-term situations? The pistols, for certain. Cannot carry enough shotgun ammo for a long haul. We are proficient enough with the (large caliber) pistols to get the job done on any size game found in NA. YMMV; these are strictly my opinions. <br><br>As a deliberate choice for a "wilderness survival" long gun, the M24 is mighty alluring, even to me with my predjudices.<br><br>I have seen some of the craziest things used hard for long-term stuff by grizzled and tough folks in tough places, so I guess it's like anything else - make what you've got do the job for you. (One end of the spectrum was a tiny 22lr Beretta semi-auto pistol, and that prospector was fat and sassy everytime I tracked him down - it kept him in meat. The most common thing I saw was beat-up M94 "Trapper" models in 30-30 - these were real "Winchesters", but I suppose the current version or similar Marlins are being carried these days as well. The biggest wierd one I personally saw was a .375H&H flanged double that probably was worth more than everything else the guy owned, and he endlessly reloaded the same box of brass with self-cast bullets and an old Lyman-type tool. Primers, powder, lead, and a box of brass. He reloaded 18 when he was down to 2 cartridges.)<br><br>And that's all I've got to say on this thread!<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom