Well, I guess I have a different feeling on buying equipment. I buy the best I can afford and usually end up only having to buy an item once. Sleeping bags, knives, boots, tents...a lot of people think nothing of buying something cheap, they use it once, it falls apart, costs more to ship back than it's worth so they just throw it away. They have not only wasted their money but more importantly they support manufacturers who basically waste natural resources by making $hit products. Sorry to rant but it's just something that gets to me....
I've been using one of the Wiggy's Desert Bags for 9 years. Think I paid $80 for it from BQM. It has over 100 nights of use and at least 6 washings and it's still like new. Called the company to ask if they would make me a Desert Bag with a 20 and 40 degree sides for spring and fall travel. THE OWNER answered the phone. He said no problem..charged me $10 more than what a 20 degree bag would have cost me and it mates with the original Desert Bag to be a two person bag. Or I can stick the 40 degree bag inside the dual bag and go down to zero.
But I see your point, if you are only going to use it "lightly" it will probably do.....Bob