Waterfowl vs Packer is like apples and oranges.

Packer has longer sleeves and is double in the cape and arms. It is a light coat without a wool liner. It is long enough to cover your butt, hanging at about fingertip length. The Duster is a super long Packer.

Waterfowl is a waist length plus jacket. It has super arrangement of pockets with wool lined handwarmers on the chest, and a front entry game pocket with inserts to hold small stuff.

Both are great coats, but the Packer is designed for horse riding originally, the Waterfowl for shooting ducks. They really are not comparable.

For rainy warm days I wear the packer. Good walking coat. For colder days with wind I wear the waterfowl coat. It has wrist knitted wind blockers, and the whole concept of it is a snugger warmer jacket. The pockets are superior to the Packer too IMO.

Each Filson coat generally has a design intent. Hunting coats, fishing coats, horse packing coats, etc. You just have to see how the body configuration, pocket layout, and fabrics answer your particular needs.

If I could only have one Filson coat it would be the #66 Original Hunters. Second choice would be the Waterfowl or 110 Cruiser. But these answer my daily uses and probably will not yours. Also even though I have several Filson coats, there are many I have never even seen let alone tried to figure out how they would fit into my days.

Once I get my article done I will have some photos of various Filson coats, but that is a ways away.