Well, I believe one of the problems ferry pilots encounter (I think I read a thread on this in this forum a while back) is that the CO2 canisters used to inflate life rafts are considered "dangerous cargo" and therefore, the cost of shipping them back to the point of origin (after completing the ferry flight) is more than the pilot gets paid for making the flight.

We won't know until someone does an analysis of this second incident, but Laurence Gonzales points out that some people never do get the message Mother Nature is trying to send; he cites the case of a hiker in (IIRC) Grand Canyon National Park who was rescued suffering from heat stroke; six months later he died of hypothermia in a different part of the same park.

There's also the fact that sometimes, pilots who have had a mishap take solace in the fact that "there are those who have, and there are those who are going to" and subconsciously conclude that, since it's happened to them once, it will never happen again.

Whether or not any of this had anything to do with Clamback's second ditching is pure speculation at this point. But, personally, I'd think twice about accepting a lift from him at this point.