Putting aside the physical skills involved with hunting, you have to ask yourself if you can kill something. I have hunted since I was 12 (almost 12 years) and I am not ashamed to tell you that even after all the times I have dropped the hammer, I still sometimes feel a little guilt over killing an animal.
As others have stated, it really isn't something you need to deal with the power being out for a few days or being stranded in your vehicle. Can you start a fire yet? How are your first aid skills? What about fresh water?
I have had to ask myself these questions not too long ago as well, and I am working on it. As you can see, I am still a new guy on this board, and that is pretty much my situation in real life as well.
If you decide to hunt, I definitely suggest some gun safety training first. In some states it is required, but I am not sure about all. Then, when you can safely use your firearm, try starting with small game. As I said, I have hunted for years. If I can be of any help with this, send me a private message.