I am of the opinion that too much knowledge is rarely a hinderance in life. I suggest learning to hunt, fish, trap and forage if you are really serious about wilderness survival. Personally I am in almost an opposite situation as yours. Although I don't hunt, or fish much these days I spent most of my youth doing both on a very regular basis. I even have a decent amount of basic trapping experience but what I lack in a big way are foraging skills. I am currently trying to change that. I own several North American feild guides and try to spend as much time as I can studying them, then see what I have retained when I'm out in the wilderness. Although there are several species of plant that I can confidently identify with 100% accuracy there are many that I can not. I still have a looooooooong way to go in my opinion. Foraging, I believe is a very useful skill in a survival situation. Pete has already demonstrated the importance of food in a survival situation and in a lot of situations foraging plants can bring the most food per the amount of energy expended in its procurement. If youre a vegetarian or you will vomit up all your precious stored nutrients at the site of a fresh kill then foraging is even more valuable. Note however I don't want to give the impression that if youre an expert forager then you don't need to hunt, fish or trap. Animals provide lots of nutrients that (in most places) you simply can not get from plant food alone.