Metal working, sewing, what's next? <VBG><br><br>1. I have learned through my research for seed beeding (OA sash project still in process), that there is a better alternative to beeswax for conditioning thread. It a product called Thread Heaven that's a synthetic conditioner beaders use. Why is it better than beeswax? <br><br>"Beeswax leaves a sticky coating that causes the threads to drag against each other. Thread HeavenŽ adds an extremely slick coating that works like ball bearings to reduce drag. Less drag means less hand fatigue and less thread breakage. Also beeswax is acidic and over time breaks down the fibers of the thread, thus weakening it."<br><br>It also has other virtues that help strengthen your thread. More information on it can be found at: <br><br>http://www.sonic.net/~adambead/<br><br>2. I've seen the wooden saddlers sewing awl described in the FM 10-16 for sale at www.sportsmansguide.com for $18 (includes extra needles and waxed nylon thread. Is that a decent price?<br><br>3. I've never seen a sewing palm before. Where can you get them?<br><br>4. I have used the square shapped glovers needle for sewing leather with much success. I include one of them with my regular needles.