Has anyone else, besides Doug, read Cody Lundin's book? If so, what do you think about it?

Being fairly new to this, I like the book a lot. He does a nice job explaining how important it is to have your wits about you, to keep your body temperature regulated, and he gives a great description of his recommended short-term (72 hrs) survival kit.

Most of the recommended kit items mesh very well with what I've read in ETS and other placed, but ...

One of my bits of confusion is why he has so many different shelter-like components. He includes an emergency space blanket, a heavier duty space blanket, and two 55 gallon trash liners. Initially that seems pretty redundant. I suppose the idea here is similar to that for fire equipment - have at least three redundant methods of shelter??

Also, Cody clearly recommends use of tincture of iodine as a low cost chemical treatment for water, but Doug seems to prefer the chorine based chemical treatments. What are your preferences?? My plan is to swap out the condoms for some resealable Gerber baby bottle liners.

There are several items on Doug's list that are not on Cody's, such as a needle (great for use with the floss), safety pins, fishing gear, survival saw, aluminum foil, and others.

Finally, besides Dougs PSK, where in the heck does one purchase a plastic fresnel lens?????

If you haven't read his list, here is a link to an article that includes the list:

The Wisdom of Abo Dude