I will second the idea to go back to ETS homepage and read the articles about kits. There are pages about the 7-10 items that are considered required in a kit. http://www.equipped.org/srvkits.htm#TheCore There are reviews of equipment to help you decide which make and model is the best to fit your needs. <br><br>All kits should include:<br><br>- Fire making<br>- Shelter making<br>- Water collecting and purifing<br>- Knife<br><br>Other items commonly considered required include:<br><br>- First Aid equipment<br>- Signalling equipment<br>- Direction finding<br>- Food gathering<br><br>Once past that, it opens up considerably based on the size of your container, your skill set, your proposed area of travel, weight limitations, and money available.<br><br>Its not that I don't want to tell you what to include, its so well covered already, that I would prefer to discuss the finer points of your selections. If you scroll down through the forum, you will find a discussion that raged for days about what is the best water storage container for a pocket sized kit. In the end, there was no concensus but a lot of great ideas bubbled up that would work.<br><br>The other concern is how are you going to use this kit. I have a fanny pack kit that I use for family outings. I have a kit I keep in the car for strandings. I have a home kit for localized disaster. I have a BugOutKit. Pocket Kit. I built a kit to give to people as a christmas gift. The car kit for a person living in Florida is going to be different from the person living in the Dakotas (heat vs. cold).<br><br>I am just suggesting that you narrow your request after a little bit more investigation of the ETS website.