While I agree that political ineptitude and ignorance has lead to some unjust things, some of you should remember that in places like Canada and the UK the violent crime rate is disproportionably lower. Heck here in Canada we were all scandalized to have five murders committed in Toronto (Ontario’s biggest city) last year. While I wholeheartedly defend the peoples right to defend themselves, you should realize that in some cases carrying a gun or what have you would do more to escalate the situation rather then calm it. If I lived in LA, Im sure I would apply for a concealed carry permit, but I live in Ontario and the worse thing I’ve ever seen was a guy getting beat up behind a bar and before I could help, two other guys jumped in and separated everyone involved. I suppose that what Im saying is that sometimes allowing people access to whatever weapons they want is like pouring gas on a smouldering cigarette on the road.

As a note on Second Amendment rights to arms as a means to keep the government in check I believe thats outdated. Not in the way you may be thinking when I say that but hear me out. If the government goes nuts (which it currently is actually) and you as a patriotic citizen goes out to fight for democracy, it won't matter if you have a full auto Gaili or a semi autoAR-15 in your hand, the military would send a bradley or striker on your butt and fry you. If your truly interested in the rights to arms for the purpose of keeping the government in check you should be more concerned with securing explosives, learning how to make improvised munitions and secure anti-material rifles like the Barret M8 because road side bombs and material destruction would be the only real way to keep the government off its toes. Am I condoning this kind of action? No. Im just saying that through a tactical standpoint, a gurrieal war or attrition would be the only way to attack a police state. Just something to think about.