I bought a "Pocket Cooker" from Cabela's a while ago before they quit selling them. Cost about $28.00 with shipping and all.

The "Pocket Cooker" is made of heavy gage metal with a door and a perforated bottom grate and all the parts are connected together. The shape is tapered up on two sides with the door on one side, and two flat sides. If you watch how you unfold it, folding it back up should be no problem, but you had better watch the first few times to avoid frustration when trying to refold it flat. You can open the door to feed the fire or lift up your pot and put fuel (Wood, paper, combustibles.) in from the top. If you put a small spacer on the grate, you could use a variety of fuel tabs on this unit, and with the protected sides you wouldn't lose heat to drafts like you do with the Esbit stove. You can leave the door open for more secondary air or close it so all the air feeds to the underside of the grate.

It folds up flat when you are ready to go and slips into a supplied carrying case.

I called the American distributor listed on the box in order to try becoming a dealer for this little bugger, but they quit importing them due to lack of interest. They were willing to take a 250 unit order, but the price at wholesale didn't make it worth my while, and they would not tell me who manufactures it.

If any of you know who manufactures the "Pocket Cooker", please give me a heads up as I would like to sell them on the local flea market circuit.

Bountyhunter