Flipper:

First of all, take a deep breath and calm down. Words on a screen should not induce a heart attack.

A hero, hardly, and I would have initially done what everyone else did on that ill fated voyage until I had heard the news. At that time, the premise is that everyone is going to die anyway, so at least try to destroy their mission even though unintended targets on the ground will die along with everyone on board.

What I am talking about is post 9-11. It makes more sense right now to allow people to carry knives so that if some yahoo does try to take over the plane, he will have armed masses to contend with instead of unarmed masses.

Back when some militants killed a member of the U.S. Navy, I decided it is better to kill them while on the ground than to let them kill innocents at will. This is easy for me to risk my family (Parents and brothers, no wives or children.) because our historical Baltic connection as enemies of the Arab world makes us expendable entities. Yes, if such a situation had arisen way back then, and either of my parents were being held with knives at their throats, I would have gone for the kill because I know my parents would be killed anyway so there is nothing to lose.

Of course this is all theory and bravado talking as none of us knows what we will and can do until it happens.

Bountyhunter

(P.S. Zoloft is really good stuff, better than Prozac and with far fewer side affects.)

Edited by bountyhunter (09/04/04 12:41 AM)