“What the patriot act does is make it so particpating in protests, or critizing the governmen, basically saying things they dont like can theoretically be used a grounds for searches and questioning.”

So am I to assume that all those protesters in NYC this week have all been searched, detained, and questioned under the Patriot Act? Funny, I must have missed that on the news.

“With the patriot act, government agencies no longer need a warrent to search your home and all your records so long as they claim it pertains to a foreinge terrorist investigation.”

Wrong. In order for charges to hold up in court, a warrant must be issued by a judge for the search.

“The Pat act though lets them hold suspected terrorists or those that may come up in the course of a terrorist investigation indefniately and without due process or defenses or anything else that makes up America.”

Wrong. It only allows those taken in arms against the United States to be detained. That’s why the Lackawanna Six are not at Guantanamo.

“Instead of focusing on real terrorists and real threats, the Bush admin has waged a war on its own people under the guise of security and it sickens me.”

So Richard Reid (the “shoebomber”) was not a threat? How about the Taliban, who aided and protected Osama and Co.? What about Jose Padilla, who wanted to give Chicago a taste of ol’ plutonium? Saddam? Uday and Qusay? These are just the famous names; what about the hundreds who have funneled money and support? Many of them are now in jail, either having plead out or awaiting trial. They are all real terrorists and real threats. I don’t see any other victims of the Patriot Act.

Regards, Vince

P.S.: I am impressed with your knowledge of our Bill of Rights. Just don’t forget the most important amendment: the 2nd!