Would you be so kind as to help me decide upon a new folder for EDC. I am stuck between Fallkniven U2, Emerson Mini CQC-7A (plain edge, spearpoint) and Viper Rescuer. Basicaly these three companies are the only named-brands available around here (I strongly prefer to handle the knife a bit before buying).
Vipers seem nice (semu-custom made) my only reserve is that they are quite unknown and therefore it is difficult to get any feedback regarding them on the internet.
Besides the urban usage (as a tool so it needs not have tactical written all over) I intend to take this knife along when flying and have it on me at all times while keeping a fixed-bled (Fallkniven F1) in my flying-bag. In that aspect Rescuer with belt cutter looks appealing, or is the belt cutter just a waste of cutting edge (a do have a dedicated belt cutter, but us pilots have a thing for redundancy)? It also hase the best locking mechanism (framelock) but at least to my knowladge the worst and also the softest steel ( Sandvik 12C27, 55/57 HRC).
The only downside of U2 for me is that one can not open it with a single hand.
While the Emerson besides being the most expenssive (about 1,5 times) and the bulkiest also seems to have issues with quality control which is a bit of a turn-off.