As already noted, you won't go wrong with a Lansky system. I know several people who have them, and they work. The chief complaint is that they are somewhat tedious to use, and not quick to set up & use.

My preference, and of several others of my friends, is for the Spyderco 204 Sharpmaker. It's a variant of the V-style ceramic stick sharpeners. If you can watch the included video, set the base on a level surface, and hold the blade perpendicular to the base, you can do a decent job sharpening a knife. The #204 is a very versatile tool, capable of sharpening both plain & serrated edges, scissors, etc.

I've used mine for the past 14 years, and am very satisfied with it. The current versions have a different base, which is more versatile than my older one. It is also self-contained, doubling as a carrying/storage case.

The Edge-Pro system is also highly regarded, but I have no direct knowledge of it. I believe it is a jig-based system, similar to the Lansky.

All will work (as will simply learning to sharpen a knife the old-fashioned way), but I thing the Spyderco is both easiest, & best.

Good luck.

David