The recent post by homepharmacy guy ( Rob) became a real situation for me recently. I was on a 3 day hike deep into the backcountry. Friday found me feeling slightly ill,which I attributed to altitude change etc. By friday afternoon I was passing blood in my urine, or, to be precise urine in the blood. I crawled into my sleeping bag, popped a few aspirin and decided to get home ASAP come light. I managed to hike out by Saturday evening. Sunday was spent in bed. Monday morning found me at the regional Veteran's Hospital. 40% budget cuts meant a long wait, but the actual medical care was superb. My examining M.D. put me on Bactrim and ran several tests. 10 days later (today) a general infection has proven totally resistant to the antibiotics. Now I am on Cipro. The irony is we had a very small supply in the aid kit. I refused it, thinking a quick bugout to a proper facility was a better option. My doctor said immediate cipro medication would have been appropriate. It was a judgement call on my part. Next time may have a different set of circumstances, but I want that option.