I'll second Matt's suggestions in general. For EDC for most of us, a small and reliable LED light makes good sense. Some folks have duties that allow them to lug around a fairly large torch, but I'll argue that is duty wear vs true EDC.

I EDC an ARC AAA Premium (white LED) and a Photon II (Red LED). My "PSK" is in redundant levels, but ramps up from a white Photon II in a core personal FAK to an ARC AA in the larger FAK and so on, with almost everything LED or converted to LED (Pelican M6 is my only current dedicated incandescent torch). But I digress from EDC...

The inexpensive LED coin cell lights at CountryComm are a heck of a bargain for EDC. And the Dorcy single AAA, cheapest at Wally-World, is a real bargain in a more conventional form (larger than an ARC, but still small enough for the pocket).

Small and reliable is the way to go for EDC. Lithium batteries are a plus, and when the heck are those Energizer AAA Lithiums coming out? IMHO, incandescents are generally not desirable for true EDC carry, although the Solitaire is still carried by many folks.

HTH,

Tom