>>>Comments, suggestions? I'll be doing this again with a group of Scouts next month <<<<br><br>BTW, every month the BSA has a recomended theme and next month's is Wilderness Survuval!<br><br>I really like the idea of consolodating the lighter container to carry the tinder rather than two separate items, a sparker and a film container. I still think that the more compact one in the PSK makes sense as the I view the PSK as a true emergeny item that should not be raided routinely. The Bic lighter case sounds like semi-emergency item. I wonder if it wouldn't even be preferable to matches for normal every-day firestarting <shrug>?<br><br>Anyway, I don't smoke, so I'll have to keep my eyes to the ground for any expired lighters. Also, any smokers out there have preferences on different brands as having beter sparkers than others?<br><br>Hmmm... I'd be interested in figuring out a way to convert the cut off bottom into a hinged lid.<br><br>Incidentally, I had read about using petrolleum-jully on cotton balls bfore, but missed the part about heating the jelly into liquid to impregnate the balls. I just daubed the balls an worked it into the fibers between my fingers, which worked reasonably well. I suspect the liquid jelly coats more evenly and is easier to ignite. Now I'll have to go back to our scouts and "modify" the demo I did last month. ;-)