Maybe psychological experts can understand this, but really music irritates me. Instead, I may relax better listening to "natural" sounds like seashore waves or rain ..etc.

The thing is, not so much what my taste or other people taste. I think a survival situation is a bad time for experimenting. And is a group of people are squeezed together is SHTF-like conditions, any elements introduced in the equation may add negative consequences.

A few weeks ago, I was facing multiple bad situations, in addition to some remaining symptoms of bad flu and other health issues, and trying to manage construction/rennovation projects around the house with one stubborn bulldozer-headed worker refusing to cooperate with another worker.

All in all, I guess it was showing on me that I was depressed and stressed. I went to a food store to buy sandwiches and other foods for the workers. Their chief cook always tries to be funny. So that day, he tries to cheer me up repeating his half/joking suggestion that I marry a young wife and that would change my spirit.

I know he is trying to do marketing for his business, but I hated his attempt. Just couln't wait there as he prepared my order. So I told him I am going to next store and come back

Morale of the story.
People can be in messy moods. And "the usual" may become counter-peroductive.