Originally Posted By: Bingley
I have to say I am a little surprised to see this discussion about which country or area is "better for survival." To me moving to a foreign country for a few years is pretty normal, and in fact it should be encouraged for young people like Jeanette. It's fun, you learn so much about the world, you expand your horizon and life experiences, etc. Sure, it can be challenging, too. That's a part of the experience.

I suppose I wouldn't bother moving to, say, the middle of Wyoming because "it's good for survival" unless I happen to want to live there for other reasons. If we give up the life we want in order to increase our chances of survival, then what are we surviving for?

I agree with you. If the tradeoff for survival means sacrificing a certain level of comfort, then I have to consider if it's worth it. Aside from that, I find Israel to be an exciting place to live.

Jeanette Isabelle